RSNA ‘11 Open for Business: Radiology Showcases Role in Improving Patient Care
Reading Time: 2 minutes read
Greetings from Chicago as the 97th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America gets underway!
RSNA represents members in 137 countries and this annual forum dedicated to advancing the radiology profession drew 27,000 professionals last year who came to network, attend educational sessions and examine the latest technologies from nearly 700 companies.
This year Carestream’s team of experts —from the US and many countries around the world—will host radiology professionals to discuss how innovative technology can lead to better patient care while helping improve operations.
On display are new healthcare IT offerings and advanced features for our medical and dental imaging systems that will exceed customer’s expectations:
- For the first time anywhere, RSNA attendees can preview and share feedback on the CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Mobile X-Ray System*: a works-in-progress x-ray system designed from the ground up to meet the needs of technologists captures medical images of seriously ill or injured patients in the ER, ICU and operating suites.
- Second generation wireless, cassette-size CARESTREAM DRX Detectors display a preview image in less than four seconds to streamline radiology workflow. An optional three-second exposure mode improves medical imaging of larger patients and enhances image quality for healthcare providers with lower power x-ray generators.
- See the future with a new works-in-progress* service that will empower patients to view their own medical imaging data and share it with their physicians using secure cloud computing data storage and transmission technologies. This service, part of CARESTREAM Vue for Cloud-Based Services, is designed to eliminate the need for patients to carry medical imaging exams to physicians on CDs, DVDs or x-ray film.
- Carestream’s powerful RIS+PACS platforms can streamline workflow, boost productivity and reduce operating costs.
- A dental and ENT CT imaging system – the CS 9300 – that captures x-ray images of teeth and sinuses for patients who may need dental implants, oral surgery, orthodontics, and periodontic or endodontic procedures.
- A versatile digital printer, the DRYVIEW CHROMA Imaging System outputs black-and-white and color x-ray images onto film for diagnosis or paper for use by referring physicians.
RSNA is a fantastic event and this year is no exception, as the radiology profession again demonstrates how it is playing a leadership role in the transformation of healthcare.
If you are attending RSNA, I invite you to come to our booth (#1611, Hall D in Lakeside Center) for a highly personalized demonstration of how we can help your organization succeed.
* Not commercially available.