A Closer Look at the New DRX-Evolution Plus System
Reading Time: 2 minutes read
In an effort to live up to its name, Carestream has produced the next evolutionary stage of the CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution System: the CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution Plus.
The purpose behind these enhancements to the Evolution system was to meet the changing needs and budgets of radiologists and radiographers around the world. We have also worked over the years to enhance the options, functionality, and software of the system, while maintaining its proven performance. But with so many new features added in this stage, it made sense to offer the Evolution Plus as our next premier system.
The new DRX-Evolution Plus offers:
- A sleek new design with LED lighting for enhanced functionality and aesthetics
- Greater flexibility in high-ceiling rooms via an extended tube column
- A new high performance generator designed by Carestream
- An optional table to accommodate patients up to 705 pounds (320 Kg); and
- Forward-looking design specifications to embrace future advanced imaging applications from Carestream as they become available.
Advanced capabilities of the DRX-Evolution Plus include:
- An innovative wall stand Bucky-angulation feature that expedites cross table and other complex X-ray exams
- Tube touch screen that allows a technologist to change techniques and view images from the tube
- Pediatric capabilities including automatic technique and image processing for seven pediatric body size categories
- Bone suppression software for optimized viewing of soft tissue
- Fast, secure log-in process using RFID badges
- A transbay option that enables fast tube movement across multiple trauma bays, which helps expedite treatment while minimizing movement of critically ill or injured patients
- Automatic acquisition and stitching for long-length and supine imaging exams; and
- IHE Dose Reporting to facilitate data sharing with a facility’s dose management system.
Finally, the DRX-Evolution Plus offers modular components, configurations and supports a choice of three DRX detectors, including two wireless cesium iodide detectors (35 x 43 cm and 25 x 30 cm) for imaging. For maximum productivity, the DRX-Evolution Plus can be configured with a 43 x 43 cm fixed detector in the wall stand, and one or two additional wireless detectors that can be used for table Bucky and tabletop exams.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”1″ gal_title=”DRX-Evolution Plus”]