VIENNA, Feb. 18 — Carestream Health will showcase advances in medical imaging at the largest radiology meeting in Europe—the upcoming European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria. This year, Carestream’s booth (#407, Expo X4) will feature a range of products that underscore the power of digital medical imaging, improved user and workflow experiences as well as the ability to easily obtain high-quality images.
“Carestream continues to invest in innovative products that are economical, increase efficiency and enhance patient care,” said Cyrill Aschenbrenner, Business Director EMEA – Products & Solutions at Carestream. “We are always working on improving end-user workflow and image quality to support healthcare providers and their patients.”
Carestream’s medical imaging solutions highlighted at ECR 2020 include:
· The new and enhanced CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System: The improved DRX-Revolution system provides fast, convenient digital radiography imaging for patients at the bedside. With higher security features and noiseless navigation, it incorporates a lighter, balanced tube head and collimator with responsive display screens located at both the tube head and main display. In addition to an advanced ergonomic design that increases efficiency, technologists benefit from new functional LED lighting and in-bin detector charging
· The CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray System: The DRX-Revolution Nano utilizes Carbon Nano Tube (CNT) technology, which differs from traditional thermionic tubes, and provides high-quality digital radiography images in real time for patients in small rooms, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) where size and maneuverability are critical. With a compact footprint and ultra-lightweight design, the portable, nonmotorized DRX-Revolution Nano is ideal for chest, intensive care, orthopaedic and pediatric imaging
· The CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution Plus System: The DRX-Evolution Plus provides pristine image quality to support accurate diagnoses. It features a modular design that easily meets the needs of workspaces, workflows and budgets. Enhanced pediatric capabilities and an extended tube-column range for sites with high ceilings are some benefits of this future-friendly imaging system. Simplifying workflow and reducing exam time, Carestream’s Digital Tomosynthesis (DT) technology is an upgradeable option on the DRX-Evolution Plus system and will roll out along with Carestream’s Dual-Energy technology
· The CARESTREAM DRX Plus 2530C Detector: The DRX Plus 2530C is a small-format detector that delivers excellent image quality at a lower dose. This detector offers
98-micron image quality and a smaller size than the company’s previous small-format detector, which allows for easier positioning in incubator trays; and
· The CARESTREAM Focus 35C Detector: A retrofit solution, the Focus 35C detector easily transforms an existing analog X-ray room into a digital one. Designed to meet the diagnostic imaging needs of smaller facilities and private practices, the cesium iodide (CsI) Focus 35C detector increases productivity while supporting a higher standard of care.
Carestream’s R&D teams have developed new offerings (see video link) that touch nearly every area of the company’s radiology portfolio to provide customers and business partners with improved medical image quality and advanced diagnostic imaging options.