Carestream complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Carestream has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Carestream’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
We do not take responsibility for any use of personal information you provide to third-party websites or applications that you may have accessed through our websites or applications.
What We Collect
Personal Information is data that can be used to identify or describe an individual. Carestream collects personal information online when you:
- Register for an account with an online service offered by Carestream (such as the Carestream Partner Site or the VIBE User Group),
- Make online purchases,
- Submit questions or comments through our online forms,
- Request information or materials,
- Request warranty or post-warranty service and support for a Carestream product,
- Register products online,
- Participate in online surveys,
- Register to become a subscriber to a Carestream Service,
- Participate in online promotions, premiums, sweepstakes, contests, or other registrations,
- Request we send information to your colleagues or customers, or
- Sign up for marketing emails such as a blog digest or to download a white paper.
The type of information collected may include:
- Phone number,
- Social Security or other tax identification number,
- Business contact information,
- Billing and delivery information,
- E-mail address,
- Credit card information, or
- Demographic information.
Carestream uses the personal information you provide to:
- Register you in programs or for events,
- Create and maintain accounts,
- Process, fulfill, and follow up on orders,
- Answer your e-mail,
- Send information you request,
- Communicate with regard to your account or system status, send surveys, and register products,
- Send information to colleagues on your behalf, or
- Send marketing materials.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications.
What are "cookies" and anonymous identifiers?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. Carestream cookies do not contain any personal information and are used to:
- Keep track of the materials you upload and download,
- Remember you when you login to the places on our site which require membership,
- Remember your country and language preferences,
- Help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns; to manage and present site information,
- Deliver information specific to your interests, and
- Manage site information displayed on your computer.
An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available. Anonymous identifiers on Carestream’s web properties collect non-personally identifying information such as demographic data.
Do I have to have a cookie set to use this site?
Carestream can be accessed with cookies disabled; however, your visit will be significantly enhanced if cookies are enabled. Some parts of the site will require cookies to be enabled, for example, to become a member of Carestream or another Carestream Service. The Carestream Partner Site requires cookies enabled for proper functioning.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Please click on the "Help" menu of your browser for information on setting cookie preferences.
SMS Terms and Conditions
Company and its service providers will deliver Company text messages to you through IBM, Silverpop Engage platform. Read our SMS Terms and Conditions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control the other websites. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We have an opt-in policy for the Carestream marketing list. On some online forms, there is a checkbox that you can select if you would like to be included in the list. Otherwise, we will not include your information in our marketing distribution.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Your privacy and our professional standards are very important to us.